Deadline: 23 July 2021
Open to: individuals a first level university degree, preferably in engineering, mathematics, science, statistics or in a related field and experience in an international civil aviation environment
Apply for the vacancy of Environment Officer at the United Nations International Civil Aviation Organization. ICAO’s activities in the environment field aim to limit or reduce the impact of international aviation on noise, local air quality and the global climate. This position is situated in the Environmental Standards Section (ES) within the Air Transport Bureau (ATB) in ICAO.The Section is responsible for the development of Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs), conducting quantitative studies and assessment of environmental benefits, and providing guidance on aircraft noise, aircraft engine emissions (local air quality), and aeroplane CO2 emissions. The Section maintains all volumes of Annex 16 – Environmental Protection and databases on aircraft noise, aircraft engine emissions, and aeroplane CO2 emissions in cooperation with the Aviation Data and Analysis Section. It also provides support to the Assembly, the Council, the Air Navigation Commission (ANC), the Air Transport Committee (ATC) and the Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection (CAEP).
The incumbent reports to the Chief, Environmental Standards Section (C/ES). In this context, the incumbent will support C/ES and Environment Officers in the work related to a Long Term Aspirational Goal for CO2 emissions reductions, including associated work on the topics of sustainable aviation fuels, technology and operations innovations.
- A first level university degree, preferably in engineering, mathematics, science, statistics or in a related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in an international civil aviation environment, airport, airline or environmental organization and sound background on sustainable aviation fuels, operations and technology associated with CO2 emissions reductions of which should be two years at the international level is required.
- Experience in providing service to international meetings is required.
- Experience in international environmental policies within ICAO is desirable.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English.
- A working knowledge of any other language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
ICAO offers an attractive benefit package to its employees in accordance with the policies of the International Civil Service Commission (ICSC).
Remuneration: Level P-4
Rate: Net Base Salary per annum+ Post Adjustment (net) per annum(*)
USD 74,913+ USD 37,007
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit this website.