Open to: candidates with legal training, preferably qualified under German Law, plus knowledge of EU environmental law, as well as having a broad knowledge of the EU institutions and procedures.
Benefits: a competitive salary based and a fulltime contract
Based in the heart of Brussels, close to the EU Institutions, FEAD, the European Waste Management Association, offers you the opportunity to work with a European trade association representing the waste and resource management industry.
The successful candidate, reporting to the General Secretary, will focus on legal and policy issues, with a particular emphasis on EU environment and waste-related law, internal market, and competition. The European Green Deal with its Circular Economy roadmap is the new growth strategy for the EU. Therefore, several EU legislative acts will be revised to create a new green economy in Europe. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of this challenge.
Task and responsibilities:
- Draft position papers, advocacy strategies, briefing notes, EP voting recommendations, and other policy material together with the members.
- Coordinate and organize FEAD’s committee on Legal & Market issues and handle legal matters in relation to other committees within FEAD.
Collect, analyze, and disseminate information on policy areas relevant to FEAD’s members, as well as provide the team with regular updates.
- Monitor EU policy developments and contribute to strategic policy analysis for members.
- Identify relevant stakeholders and establish effective, pursuant relationships.
- Implement advocacy actions based on adopted priorities.
- Represent the association during formal and informal meetings, and report back to the Secretary General and to members.
- Together with the other members of the secretariat, you will help in the preparation and delivery of speeches and presentations, actively participate in the organization of internal and external events and related communication actions.
- Legal training, preferably qualified under German Law, plus knowledge of EU environmental law, as well as having a broad knowledge of the EU institutions and procedures.
- Strong interest and experience in environmental & industrial issues, and waste management policies.
- German speaker (mother tongue), English (fluent), other language skills are an asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to take initiatives and adapt in a small and highly motivated team.
- Ability to work effectively on different topics and prioritise workload within a given timeframe.
- A competitive salary based on the level of experience, coupled with various benefits.
- A fulltime contract under the Belgian law.
- A positive working atmosphere within a small team and international environment.
How to apply
For more information please visit the official website.