Deadline: 3 September 2021
Open to: works completed or released between, Saturday, September 5, 2020 and Friday, September 3, 2021.
Benefits: for each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, Social Impact Award, New Face Awards, and U-18 Award will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity
The Japan Media Arts Festival is seeking diverse works that carve out a path for a new era. Award-winning works selected from among the entries will be widely exhibited both within Japan and abroad through various projects and events organized by the Agency for Cultural Affairs in the aim of developing and promoting the creation of media arts.
Art Division – Interactive art, media installations, video works, video installations, graphic art (including photographs), internet art, media performances, etc.
Entertainment Division – Games (video games, online games, etc.), video/sound works, spatial representation (including special effects videos and directions, performances), products (products utilizing media technologies, R&D devices, etc.), websites, applications, etc.
Animation Division – Animated feature films, animated short films (including opening videos, ending videos, etc.), animated TV series, videos for streaming, etc.
Manga Division – Comics published in a book form, comics published in a magazine (including works still being serialized), comics published online (for computer or mobile devices), self-published comics, etc.
* In all divisions professional, amateur, independent and commercial works are eligible for entry.
Please confirm that your entry satisfies the following conditions.Works must be completed or released between , Saturday, September 5, 2020 and Friday, September 3, 2021.
* Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry.
* While there is no limit to the number of entries each entrant makes, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions.The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is not submitted by the artist (copyright holder), permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
*By submitting works, the entrant is deemed to have accepted all Entry Rules and Regulations as stated.
- Media Arts Festival Award
Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, 1,000,000 Japanese Yen
Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
Social Impact Award: Certificate, trophy, 500,000 Japanese Yen
* This award will be given to the work that has been implemented in society and brought impact and change in the states of media technologies and attitudes of people.
New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, 300,000 Japanese Yen
U-18 Award: Certificate, Extra prize
* Eligibility: Those born on or after April 2, 2004.
Special Achievement Award: Certificate, trophy
* Other outstanding entries will be chosen by the Jury as Jury Selections
HOW TO APLLY?
For further information, please visit the official website.