Deadline: November 1, 2021
Open to: all photographers, artists, and graphic designers
Benefits: $1,000.00 dollars, promotional exposure, and other benefits
Media Arts Center San Diego’s 29th Annual San Diego Latino Film Festival (March 10-20, 2022) Poster Competition is now open for submissions. Submit an iconic design that captures the essence of our annual celebration of Latinx film, music, and art. The winning artwork will become the “face” of the festival, appearing in print, web, and on-screen materials.
Your design must address the following prompt: the pandemic has changed the way the festival screens films. For 26 years, we screened films at movie theaters. COVID-19 forced us to switch to virtual platforms for the screenings of our 27th and 28th editions. However, our 29th edition in 2022 will be a return to in-person screenings. We are looking for a winning design that celebrates and highlights the act of watching films in a cinema or as a communal activity. We want you to recreate the magic of going to the movies!
- Artwork must be submitted in: JPEG, 18″ wide x 24″high, 72 DPI (RGB), max. 4 MB (via FilmFreeway).
- Top 10 Finalists are required to submit artwork in vector format, 300 DPI (CMYK).
- Design must state: 29th San Diego Latino Film Festival.
- Design must include the festival dates: March 10-20, 2022.
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Copyrighted characters, images or clip art will not be accepted.
- A brief description of artwork, artist’s name & nationality are required.
- Top Prize: $1,000.00 dollars and promotional exposure in ALL marketing festival related marketing materials (national and international press exposure, the cover of the Official SDLFF 2020 Program book, print ads, TV commercials, social media posts, ads and web banners, etc.).
- 10 Finalists – 2 tickets to the 29th San Diego Latino Film Festival & limited promotional exposure.
HOW TO APPLY?
For more details, please visit the official website.