Deadline: 27 October 2021
Open to: nationals of a Least Developed Country, with a maximum age of 40 years and holding an MSc (or higher degree)
Benefits: travel expenses and subsistence costs for the stay in Italy
TWAS, in collaboration with the Lincei Academy and SISSA, offers young scientists from Least Developed Countries the opportunity to visit research laboratories at Centres of Excellence in Trieste, Italy. Research proposals must fall under the umbrella of sustainability science and thus be relevant to areas that support the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The purpose of these exchange fellowships is two-fold:
- to enhance the research capacity of promising scientists, especially those at the beginning of their research career,
- to catalyze the formation of research links for further collaboration.
- Applicants must be a maximum age of 40 years on 31 December of the application year.
- Applicants must hold an MSc (or higher degree).
- Applicants must be nationals of a Least Developed Country (please see the United Nations definition at https://www.un.org/development/desa/dpad/least-developed-country-category.html, as well as a list of eligible countries).
- Applicants must hold a research position in a Least Developed Country.
- Particular attention will be given to research projects that fall under the umbrella of sustainability science.
- Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply.
- Applicants already on site in the host country are not eligible.
- Only applications in the scientific fields specified and listed in the application form will be considered.
Applications will only be considered if in the eligible fields. Research proposals must fall under the umbrella of sustainability science and thus be relevant to areas that support the SDGs (please see https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org).
The Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation, through TWAS, will cover travel expenses and provide subsistence costs for the stay in Italy. The administration and financial operation of TWAS is undertaken by UNESCO in accordance with an agreement signed by the two organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information, visit the official website.