Deadline: 10-28 February 2021
Open to: citizens of eligible countries who have sufficient documented proof of work and leadership experience
The Swedish Institute (SI) is now launching the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship program which replaces Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS).
Do you have ambition, leadership experience, and a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
The Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP) program is part of the Swedish government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders who will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. It is funded by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Sweden and administered by the Swedish Institute (SI). The program offers a unique opportunity for global professionals to develop professionally and academically, to experience Swedish society and culture, and to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and with each other.
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs and is only awarded for programs starting in the autumn semester. The scholarship is granted for one academic year (two semesters) at a time. It will be extended for programs longer than two semesters, provided that the student has passed his/her courses/credits.
The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can the scholarship be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated employment.
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by 9 April 2021.
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment.
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for the scholarship programme.
- There are also conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university by them.
- Living expenses of SEK 10,000/month will be provided.
- A travel grant of SEK 15,000 * will be provided.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) a platform to grow professionally and build your network while in Sweden.
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for continued networking and further professional development.
* The travel grant is a one-time payment for the entire study period. The grant is not applicable to students already living in Sweden.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.