Deadline: 1 December 2021
Open to: young leaders of the eligible countries between the ages of 18 – 30 who are addressing key local and/or global issues
Benefits: access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo (Japan), coverage of the related travel costs, hotel accommodation, catering, and other benefits
The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
You are eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30*
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed below:
Bahrain Iran, Islamic Republic of Iraq Israel Jordan Kuwait Lebanon Oman Palestinian Territories** Qatar Saudi Arabia Syrian Arab Republic United Arab Emirates Yemen
*Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. We are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
**This designation is without prejudice on positions of status.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Hotel accommodation between 15 and 19 May 2022.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Tokyo. Your flight to and from Tokyo must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.