Deadline: regular basis
Open to: applicants that are citizenship of one of the (non-represented) UN member states or non-member observer states (18-35 years old)
Benefits: offline and online events and civil society networks on behalf of the Global Coalition of Youth Ambassadors for the Right to Peace
Towards the enforcement of the right to peace is an award-winning global advocacy programme aimed at strengthening the legal framework on the human right to peace and crimes against peace. The programme created the Global Coalition of Youth Ambassadors for the Right to Peace, a global network of young leaders who are campaigning for this noble cause in the global order. The global advocacy programme aims to initiate the work on domestic, regional and international instruments that would codify the human right to peace and crimes against peace. The programme wants to revive the work in the UN Human Rights Council and the General Assembly on the human right to peace and initiate the work in the Assembly of States Parties to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court on crimes against peace, bringing the perspective of young leaders into the discussion.
- age 18-35
- citizenship of one of the (non-represented) UN member states or non-member observer states
Youth Ambassadors for the Right to Peace are regularly selected from the pool of candidates from non-represented States. While there is no deadline to apply, once a Youth Ambassador is appointed for a specific State, the applications from that State are no longer considered. For a full list of non-represented States, it is recommended to regularly visit the webpage of the Global Coalition of Youth Ambassadors for the Right to Peace with the global map here.
- participation in offline and online events and civil society networks on behalf of the Global Coalition of Youth Ambassadors for the Right to Peace
- networking opportunities
- leadership development (organization of national, continental and global campaigns)
- international experience in the field of human rights, international law and advocacy
How to apply?
- Download the application form.
- Fill in the application form using any freely available tool for opening and filling in PDF documents (e.g. Adobe Acrobat Reader). The form can be saved and opened multiple times without losing any content.
- Save the application form in the following name format: Name.Surname
- Send the application form by email with the subject “Youth Ambassador for the Right to Peace_X” (with X indicating the State you would like to represent) to: email@example.com
For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- record of activities in the State of citizenship in the area of law, human rights, peace activism, climate change activism, advocacy for legislative changes
- general knowledge of the UN affairs, human rights and/or international justice
- strong motivation to lead national campaigns and be part of a global movement