Deadline: 15 May 2022
Open to: all applicants under 35 and hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences
The Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research. The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
The fellowship includes living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin. The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Candidates must be under the age of 35 and have a university degree in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences.
- A successful application must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the applicant’s superior intellectual development.
- It is not relevant if the applicant has started working or has a doctorate.
- The proposed project does not need to be fully completed during the fellowship time, but maybe the beginning of a longer project.
Einstein Fellowship will provide the following benefits:
- Free accommodation
- A stipend of 10,000 euros for five to six months
- Travel expenses will be reimbursed.
- Your family can accompany you during the scholarship period. The scholarship will not cover your travel expenses.
- As long as you continue to meet the eligibility criteria, you will reapply for the scholarship next year with a replacement proposal.
How to apply?
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.