Deadline: 20 December 2022
Open to: All writers/journalists/bloggers working in the South Asian Region are eligible to apply.
Benefits: Total grant of INR 50,000
New Asian Writing understands how important it is for freelance writers to work in solitude and will provide monetary support to pursue creative projects. Accepted proposals will focus on fiction or non-fiction writings that will ultimately lead to the production of a book. Applicants need not submit proof of contract from a publisher. As long as applicants are working towards that goal, that is all we need. The grant is being provided for writers to engage in creative work without worrying about monetary resources for a particular piece of work. Amateur writers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- All writers/journalists/bloggers working in the South Asian Region are eligible to apply.
- The nationality of the author does not matter. The work must be related to the South Asian region.
- Accepted languages: English/Hindi.
- Accepted proposal formats: Anything goes, articles, blogs, journal pieces, as long as it will lead to a book sometime in the future.
- The total grant is INR 50,000 (will be payable in two installments of INR 30,000 and INR 20,000).
- The grant money will be paid in two installments and we will check and require progress to process the second installment. If sufficient progress is not produced, the second installment may be withheld.
How to Apply?
Submit a proposal of 600 words (title included) to firstname.lastname@example.org (with the subject line: Proposal for NAW Solitude Writing Grant 2022) explaining why you need the grant money and what will you spend it on. Utilization of grant money for personal expenses and daily requirements is discouraged and the budget submitted should instead focus on equipment, travel, and stay during research work. The first 400 words should explain what you plan to work on and a brief about your background and writing works (if available). Keep the budget part limited to a paragraph or a small table.
For more information, visit the official website.