Deadline: 1 February 2023
Open to: Storytellers focused on climate justice
Benefits: Grants between $50,000-100,000
The Doc Society Climate Story Fund supports compelling storytelling and impact campaigns from around the world that move us closer to a climate-just and biodiverse future.
The Climate Story Fund prioritizes climate stories centering the most affected, the unengaged and the underrepresented, and puts them at the center of the story. The Fund also prioritizes storytellers working in and from those communities, sharing narratives that resonate deeply with new and unengaged audiences, bringing them into critical conversations around climate justice.
The Doc Society is looking for creative nonfiction projects including long-form, shorts, or episodic documentaries as well as podcasts and radio documentaries, that can complete production in 2023 with support from the Climate Story Fund. The Fund also supports completed creative nonfiction and fiction projects of any medium looking to pilot an impact campaign in 2023 to engage audiences who are not typically included in the climate conversation.
- All projects must be climate-themed with the intention to implement an impact campaign. We don’t need you to be an impact expert but open to the idea
- To qualify for production funding, projects must complete production in 2023
- To qualify for impact funding, projects must pilot an impact campaign in 2023
- As part of our grant-making for this fund, we require all grantees to attend an Impact Lab to connect with impact producers and climate experts, to help develop impact strategies and to craft impact campaigns that are built upon existing expertise and advocacy efforts to engage their intended audiences. Project teams must be able to attend our virtual Impact Lab during the week of 5-9 June 2023
The Fund will support 6-8 projects with grants ranging between $50,000 to $100,000 per project.
How to Apply?
- Applications must be submitted online via the Doc Society applications portal here
- This application is available in English, French, Spanish, and Portuguese. If you wish to submit your application in another language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by January 16, 2023. The Doc Society will let you know if your request can be accommodated.
For more information, please visit the official website.