20th – 24th February 2023
Organized by the UNESCO Chair for Cultural Heritage Management and Sustainability, Institute of Advanced Studies Kőszeg (iASK) and the University of Pannonia.
The 5th UNESCO MOST Winter School offers insight into the transformations of the complex, diverse, contested and changing notions of culture. Panels focus on deconstructing and reimagining the future while offering artistic visualisations of possible scenarios and analysis related to war, environmental crisis, migrations, and the rapid development of digital technologies. The main questions revolve around the anticipated consequences of the armed conflict in Ukraine, new definitions of soft power and cultural diplomacy, transculturalism and the fluidity of borders, stakeholder responsibilities in global crises, and the shift towards post-humanism exacerbated by the expansion of algorithmic systems.
All events, discussions, lectures will be held in English!
The Winter School, organised by iASK, ISES and University of Pannonia, will take place from the 20th to 24th of February 2023 in Veszprém (Hungary) – the next European Capital of Culture – with a week of cultural events and roundtable discussions. We welcome applications from master and doctoral students, junior and senior scholars, as well as professionals and activists from governmental and non-governmental organisations. Each year, the UNESCO MOST Winter School attracts top scholars from across Europe and the world because it fosters education for the future, unorthodox thinking, and the dynamic exchange of ideas through transdisciplinary and transcultural dialogue.
The discussions at the 5th UNESCO MOST Winter School will revolve around the following topics:
- Imagining Post-War Futures: Dimensions of Security and the Culture of Peace
- Transnationalism, Cultural Heritage and Soft Power: Cultural Diplomacy in Times of War and Climate Emergency
- Social Media and Algorithmic World Order: Living in the Age of Digital Production, Simulation and Cyber Wars
- Post-War Memories: Central European Transcultural Perspectives
- Ecology and Ecologies: Glocal Communities and Responsibilities
- At the Digital Frontlines: Artificial and/or Augmented Intelligence and the Future of the Cyber Ecosystem
February 8, 2023
Applicants should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- completed WS Application Form
- motivation letter
We offer scholarships to 5 outstanding candidates that will cover the expenses of accommodation in Veszprem.
Certificates will be awarded for those who have completed the program.
For more info please visit the official website.