Deadline: 11 December 2017
Open to: developing countries
Grants: minimum grant is around EUR 3,742; maximum grant is around EUR 22,460
The Japan Fund for Global Environment (JFGE), a division of the Environmental Restoration and Conservation Agency of Japan (ERCA) was established in 1993 by an initial endowment from the Japanese government together with contributions from the private sectors, including individuals and private corporations. The interest accrued from these fund management is then used to support the activities of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and non-profit organizations (NPOs) aiming at environmental conservation.
Conservation projects that fall into following categories are eligible:
- Nature protection, conservation, and restoration;
- Forest conservation and tree/grass planting;
- Agriculture of environmental conservation type;
- Mitigation and adaptation to climate change;
- Building of a recycle-oriented society;
- Air, water and soil conservation;
- Comprehensive environmental education;
- Comprehensive environmental conservation projects;
- Other environmental conservation projects Other environmental conservation activities.
Environmental conservation projects implemented in developing areas by Non-Japanese NGO
- Applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- The organization must be a non-governmental organization(NGO) or a non-profit organization (NPO);
- The organization must possess an Articles of Incorporation or its equivalent by laws;
- The organization must possess a well-established board of directors and workforces that make decisions for the organization and implements the proposed project;
- The organization must possess an accounting structure capable of bookkeeping and self-auditing;
- The organization must possess an office that serves as a base of their project;
- The organization must prove that they have enough capacity to execute the proposed project by presenting the firm evidence, such as activity report of previous project and achievements.
- Note: JFGE grant for overseas is exclusively for the environmental conservation activities implemented in developing countries and areas.
- Entry Grant: Grant to support grass-roots projects to expand
- Grant Period: 1 year (One term per organization);
- Range of Grant Amount (per year) is Minimum around EUR 3,742～ Maximum around EUR 22,460;
- Continuous-Project Grant: Grant to support grass-roots projects to take a root in the site as self-sustain project
- Grant Period: Maximum 3 years (One term per organization);
- Range of Grant Amount (per year) is Minimum EUR 3,742～ Maximum around EUR 22,460;
- General Grant: Grant to support organizational growth by realizing projects efficiently through refining skills
- Grant Period: Maximum 3 years (two-year-break required for organization received Regular Grant for two terms in a row);
- Range of Grant Amount (per year) is Minimum around EUR 14,972～ Maximum around EUR 44,916.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.