Deadline: 31 January 2018
Open to: new and established writers
Prize: GBP 2,200 sterling and a trip to London
Radio is a wonderful medium.
Would you like to win GBP 2,200 sterling, a trip to London and have your play broadcast across the world on BBC World Service?
If so, the 2018 International Radio Playwriting Competition is now open to entries!
The competition is open from 3 October 2017 to 31 January 2018. The competition is open to new and established writers, provided they live outside the UK and are 18 or over.
Anyone aged 18 or over and living outside the UK – whether you’re an established writer, completely new or anywhere in between.
There are three prizes to be won:
- Two first prizes – for the best radio play by writers with either English as their first language or English as their second language. Both winners’ plays will be broadcast on BBC World Service;
- In addition, there’s the Georgi Markov prize – for the most promising script, this prize gives the winner a chance to come to London for two weeks and work alongside BBC Radio Drama and with BBC World Service journalists;
- Win GBP 2,200 sterling;
- A trip to London and have your play broadcast across the world on BBC World Service.
How to apply?
In order to enter you need to send:
• A script for a 53-minute radio play with up to 6 central characters – we are unable to return these, so make sure you keep a copy
• A synopsis which outlines your play is no longer than 400 words
• A completed entry form (here), attached to your play and synopsis.
Or you can complete and submit your entry online (here) by uploading your play and synopsis along with your personal details.
For more information please visit the official web page.