Deadline: 28 January 2018
Open to: scholars from all fields of social sciences and humanities, as well as journalists and civil society activists
Fellowship: monthly stipend of EUR 2.500 plus a supplement depending on his or her personal situation
Prisma Ukraïna is a research network of scholars and institutions that are dedicated to strengthening East European Studies in the Berlin-Brandenburg area. Ukraine serves as a focus and prism through which questions of social and cultural transformations in Europe and neighboring regions are studied and discussed beyond the East-West divide. We are especially interested in questions related to social movements, authoritarian politics and popular uprisings, politics of culture, identity and religion, and legacies of empire.
The Visiting Fellowship is open to scholars from all fields of social sciences and humanities, as well as journalists and civil society activists who want to carry out their research projects in connection with the Prisma Ukraïna program. Applicants should have obtained their doctorate within the last 12 years or have comparable professional experience. The successful applicant will be a Fellow of Prisma Ukraïna at the Forum Transregionale Studien and an associate member of one of the universities or non-university research institutes listed below. He/she will have the opportunity to arrange a workshop on a theme of his/her choice.
- As a rule, the fellowship starts on April 1, 2018 and will end on June 30, 2018;
- The Fellow will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 2.500 plus a supplement depending on his or her personal situation;
- Organisational support regarding visa, insurances, housing, etc. will be provided;
- The Fellow is obliged to work in Berlin and to help shape the seminars and working discussions related to his or her research field;
- Scholars are also invited to apply for their own funding;
- The working language of Prisma Ukraïna is English.
How to Apply?
An application should include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a project description (no longer than 5 pages), stating what the scholar will work on in Berlin if granted a fellowship and how the project relates to the research agenda of Prisma Ukraina;
- a sample of scholarly work (maximum 20 pages from an article, conference paper, or dissertation chapter);
- names of two university faculty members who can serve as referees (no letters of recommendation required).
Please send your application to [email protected] no later than January 28, 2018 (as three separate WORD documents or PDF files). You will be informed about the result of the application process in February 2018.
For more information please visit the official website.