Deadline: 01 April 2018
Open to: international students
Scholarship: cover full tuition fee and accommodation costs
The VU Amsterdam Summer School is happy to announce the availability of ten full scholarships for international students. These scholarships are available to pursue undergraduate, master and Ph.D. programme.
The aim of the scholarships is to support excellent students who actively make a contribution to their community and/or society.
The VU Amsterdam Summer School is part of the Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, an internationally renowned research university founded in 1880.
Courses are taught at Bachelor, Advanced Bachelor and Master level, and are suitable for students as well as for Ph.D. staff and professionals. The following entry requirements are set:
- Bachelor: at least enrolled in 1st year of Bachelor studies;
- Advanced Bachelor: at least enrolled in 2nd year of Bachelor studies;
- Master: at least enrolled in the final year of Bachelor studies – professionals need to have a Bachelor diploma.
These scholarships will cover full tuition fee and accommodation costs of one course.
How to Apply?
Applicants can apply through the online processor.
An essay which expresses your motivation and activities to make a positive contribution to your community/the society (500-800 words).
- Why participation in this specific summer course is relevant for your personal and academic development, and how you will use the knowledge in the future;
- How you currently or previously have committed to service in your community/society, including your motivation for commitment;
- A recent transcript of records (a print screen is sufficient) which shows you have a grade point average of at least 80%. For example, if the highest possible mark is a 10, you need to have an average of at least an 8. We will take into account the differences in grading cultures;
- A recommendation letter from someone that is not a family member or a friend, e.g. a professor, a mentor, an employer etc;
- The results of the scholarship selection will be announced mid-April.
For more information please visit the official website.