Deadline: 30 April 2018
Open to: international students
Fellowship: GBP 12.500
Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities at the University of Edinburgh is awarding postdoctoral fellowships and bursaries for the year 2018-2019. The Institute welcomes visiting researchers from across the world.
The main objective of the university is to provide high quality, comprehensive educational and training opportunities that are compatible to changing needs of the students.
- Applicants must have been awarded a doctorate at the time of application, and normally within the last three years (you must be able to produce a transcript, testamur, or a letter of completion/eligibility to graduate as part of your application). You should not have held a permanent position at a university or a previous Fellowship at the Institute for Advanced Studies. Those who have held temporary and/or short-term appointments are eligible to apply.
- English Language Requirements: All students of every nationality are required to prove their English language competence. Even native-speakers of English must demonstrate that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the University. University accept all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre. Applicants who require an IELTS test as part of an application for degree-level studies may take this test at any IELTS centre.
Postdoctoral Fellowship provides:
- Research visit at the University of Edinburgh for three to ten months;
- Bursary* of up to a maximum of GBP 12.500;
- Dedicated office space, University e-mail and library access;
- An allocated University mentor from an area relevant to the Fellows’ research interests;
- Weekly Fellows’ Lunch to build community;
- Collegial work-in-progress seminar series for testing new ideas;
- Calendar of engaging events at the Institute and College;
- Opportunities to participate in and design funded workshops, colloquia etc at the Institute.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.