Deadline: 10 June 2018
Open to: italian and international students
Scholarship: 14,000 EUR per year
The Sant Anna School of Advanced Studies is offering PhD scholarships in Law. The PhD Program offers six places available (with scholarship), one of which is reserved for non-EU citizens.
The course aims at training scholars capable of critical thinking and innovative research in their respective fields of interest, at the forefront of the international debate.
Sant’Anna School of Advanced Studies is a public university institute – with special autonomy – working in the field of applied sciences: Economics and Management, Law, Political Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Plant Biotechnology, Medicine, and Industrial and Information Engineering.
- Candidates may apply if they have a Master’s degree, a Magistral degree (Laurea magistrale) or a similar academic qualification, also obtained abroad, declared equivalent by the Italian authorities or recognized as equivalent, for duration and content, to the Italian qualification, and deemed suitable for the purpose of participation in the competition.
- Those who do not possess the qualification by the application deadline may apply, so long as they are expected to obtain such qualification by October 31st of the same year.
14,000 EUR per year, including social security charges, tuition fees, one meal at the school canteen per day (Monday to Saturday). An additional economic subsidy is provided for study abroad periods.
How to Apply?
Candidates must present the following documents:
- Valid identity document;
- Certificate (or self-certification) of the exams taken in the Masters / Specialist degree course;
- Degree thesis (or abstract);
- Detailed research project (in Italian or in English), which illustrates the research activity that is to be developed in the three-year PhD course;
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers outside the School;
- Copy of every other title or publication relevant for the evaluation;
- Foreign candidates (EU and non-EU) must present a copy of the Master’s Degree or equivalent qualification translated into Italian or English.
The mode of applying is online.
For more information please visit the official website.