Deadline: 30 March 2018
Open to: students of all nationalities
Fellowship: around USD 2,270,783
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is currently accepting applications for Singapore National Research Foundation Fellowship. It provides opportunities for early career researchers from all over the world to lead impactful research in Singapore.
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is an autonomous research university in Singapore. Founded in 1905 as a medical college, it is the oldest institute of higher learning (IHL) in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrollment and curriculum offered. NUS is a comprehensive research university with an entrepreneurial dimension. NUS offers a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts and social sciences, engineering, and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate education.
- Outstanding researchers of any nationality, in their early stage of their research careers and are ready to take on their independent research, are eligible to apply;
- Ph.D. holders with research experience in any discipline of science and technology;
- Applicants who are already assistant professors or holding an equivalent position at local research institutions for more than 1 year at the point of submission (defined by the grant call closing date) would not be eligible to apply.
- A five-year research grant of up to around USD 2,270,783, inclusive of general overheads;
- Freedom to lead ground-breaking research in any discipline of science and technology in host institution of choice in Singapore. (The award is contingent on the awardee taking on a full-time appointment in an eligible host institution in Singapore.)
How to Apply?
- Applications for the NRF Fellowship will be done online via the new Integrated Grant Management System (IGMS) by 20 March 2018, 3.00pm (GMT+8). The late submission shall not be accepted.
- For local NRF Fellowship Applicants with a SingPass account, please register and login to the IGMS using SingPass login.
- For grant proposals which are $1million and above, ODPRT has in place an optional content editing service provided by in-house scientific editors (Dr. Julian Tang, email: julian.tang-at-nus.edu.sg and Ms. Kavitha Shekar, email: dprks-at-nus.edu.sg). Please note that incorporating the changes suggested by the editors is at PI’s discretion, and is not a precondition prior to submission to the grantor. PIs who wish to tap into this service are advised to engage with our writers with your close-to-final drafts at least one week prior to the deadline. Proposals will be handled in the order of arrival.
- Applicants shortlisted for the final rounds will be invited to Singapore for an interview by the NRF Fellowship Evaluation Panel (FEP), an international panel of eminent scientific leaders, in October 2018.
For more information please visit the official website.