Deadline: 19 February 2018
Open to: applicants from the University of Cambridge
Fellowship: GBP 2000
The University of Cambridge is inviting applications for Future Cities PhD Prize Fellowship Competition for the year 2018. Students of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
The fellowships are designed to support Ph.D. students from across the University in the development of research relating to future cities.
The University of Cambridge is one of the world’s oldest universities and leading academic centers. It is made up of over 150 departments, faculties, schools and other institutions.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
- The subject of the paper and poster may be on any topic related to Future Cities and in particular relating to the theme and topics for the 2018 conference, ‘Successful Cities of the Future’;
- The paper can consider building and city design, operation and liveability from any perspective;
- Topics can be wide-ranging, including (but not exclusive to): energy, technology, data, governance, investment, finance, asset value, carbon, health, housing, travel, resource management, social equity, cohesion, productivity, efficiency or economic development;
- There is no restriction on the geographic location considered – the research could be on cities in high-income countries or the emerging cities of developing nations. Whilst the subject of the research will ideally be related to the student’s dissertation research topic, there is no requirement that this is the case.
- The research papers will be collated in a non-academic publication, with prizewinners free to use amended versions of their papers for academic publication.
As part of the fellowship, the winners of the competition will receive a prize of GBP 2000 each.
How to Apply?
- Entry into the competition is through submission of a 500-word summary;
- You should submit both a word and a .pdf version;
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the reference is received by the deadline.
In order to apply fill the application form .
For more information please visit the official website.