Deadline: 20 March 2018
Open to: entrants who are 18 years or older
Award: total prize 75,000 USD
The BraunPrize 2018 challenges creative minds to envision design concepts that matter. They world is becoming increasingly complex – their focus should be on what is essential, on creating truly better solutions and experiences. By taking on global problems or simply improving the quality of individual lives, they want to encourage innovation that can be virtual or physical, scientific or technical, or that changes our behavior for the better. Awards will go to exceptional ideas and product design concepts – two or three dimensional, including interactive – that offer progress and improvement, that are significant, substantial and meaningful: design for what matters.
The focus of the BraunPrize is on product design. Software, interaction or media design will be considered as an integral part of an overall product concept (hardware and software).
The BraunPrize competition is pleased to welcome all global submissions from entrants that are 18 years of age or older.
Entries will be separated into two categories and judged individually:
- Student: product concepts from students who are still studying or (for recent graduates) which were created during the time of study;
- Young Talent: product concepts from young designers who have graduated within the last 5 years;
Individual or team participations are accepted and there is no limit in group size. Please choose one contact person and fill in that person’s data in the registration form. The names of all other team members must be listed in the respective field and all team members will receive equal recognition.
- Gold Award Student and Young Talent-2x $15,000 USD;
- Silver Award Student and Young Talent-2x $10,000 USD;
- Bronze Award Student and Young Talent-2x $5,000 USD;
- Sustainability Award Student and Young Talent-2x $5,000 USD;
- Special mentions (distribution at the discretion of the jury)-$5,000 USD;
- Chance of an internship at the Braun Design department;
- All award winners will receive a trophy and a certificate;
- The best entries will also be presented in the BraunPrize exhibition and made public in the international press and online.
How to Apply?
- Register and apply online.
- Submit your entry online or send them by post:
P&G Service GmbH
Frankfurter Strasse 145
For more information please visit the official website.