Deadline: 1 March 2018
Open to: international students
Benefits: paid internship
The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies (HCSS) is looking for an enthusiastic PR & Communications intern. HCSS offers a dynamic internship in an international organization, where you will work on different topics such as global trends, international security, cyber security and resource scarcity.
Responsibilities could include, amongst others: article editing, creating and drafting social media content, drafting of press briefings and newsletters, supporting HCSS media monitoring, assistance in developing social media campaigns, updating and maintaining social media channels, helping with website maintenance, and contributing to the promotion of HCSS publications.
The intern will be supervised by internship coordinators. At the start of the internship, the intern will write a Personal Development Plan in consultation with the coordinators, to identify learning goals. During the internship, there will be three evaluation meetings to track the intern’s progress.
- Candidates must be enrolled as a student during the entire duration of the internship;
- Candidates must be able to commit at least 24 hours a week. A full-time internship (40 hours a week) is strongly preferred;
- Duration of the internship: minimum of 4, maximum of 6 months;
- Successful candidates are asked to provide a certificate of good conduct (‘Verklaring Omtrent het Gedrag’) by the Dutch Ministry of Justice and proof of enrolment valid for the entire duration of the internship.
Candidates should have/are:
- an excellent verbal and written command of English; fluency in Dutch is desirable but not mandatory;
- in pursuit of a degree in journalism, communications, political science, international relations or similar;
- previous experience with PR/media, especially in video/audio. Multimedia skills are highly desirable;
- a proven interest in the topics HCSS works with;
- the ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Paid internship;
- Intern will experience what it is like to work in a team of professionals in a small, international think tank;
- As an intern, he/she contribute to developing and executing communication strategies for HCSS projects.
How to Apply?
Apply by sending the following documents to [email protected], before 1 March 2018.
- A curriculum vitae, including references;
- A cover letter, indicating your availability;
- Proof of enrollment valid for the entire duration of the internship;
- A recently written text in English, preferably a press release, news article or a short blog (max 1 A4).
Only complete applications are considered. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview.
For more information please visit the official website.