Deadline: 4 April 2018
Open to: applicants of all nationalities
Scholarship: per year (12.500,00 EUR net) and is paid on a monthly basis
The University of Bologna, founded in 1088, was the first university and is the oldest in the world. It was the first place of study to use the term universities for the corporations of students and masters which came to define the institution, located in Bologna, Italy.
A total of six scholarships for full-time Ph.D. are now available for the year 2018-2019.
GRE and SAT scores are required.
Candidates from any country and any age holding a Master Degree (second cycle of higher education), or who are in line to complete it no later than October 31st, 2018. Such degree must be one of the following:
- an Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year system);
- an Italian university degree – pre-reform system (4 years);
- an academic degree conferred by foreign institutions, already recognized as equivalent to an Italian degree by Italian authorities like, for instance, an MA or an MSc. These include also inter-university specific agreements of cooperation and mobility.
Candidates with a foreign academic degree (MA or MSc) must attach to their application their degree certificate (including the list of the exams taken), accompanied by an official translation into Italian or English. Their admission to the selection is conditional on the degree meets the requirements of the Call for applications. The Admissions Board can request candidates to provide additional documents.
Applications from any field are welcome.
- Other cases of fee waiver are disciplined in the specific international agreements/MoUs;
- Each scholarship amounts to approx. 13.600,00 EUR gross per year (12.500,00 net) and is paid on a monthly basis. The amount of the grant is increased by 30% during visits abroad of no less than 1 month and no more than 18 months. The full-time scholarships will be assigned to the best applicants on a competitive basis;
- All admitted students receive additional research funds provided by the department starting from the 2nd year (around EUR 1.300 per year);
- Further financial support takes the form of teaching assistantships with official calls from the University, and research assistantships (usually administered by professors using their research funding).
How to Apply?
The application for selection must be made by 1.00 p.m. (Italian time) on 4th of April 2018 (procedures open on March 2nd, 2018).
In order to apply, the applicant must:
- Register in online procedure;
- Register by inserting the required personal information;
- Select the Ph.D. programme in Economics;
- Complete the online application, inserting the required information;
- Attach the academic qualifications and any other requested documents in pdf format.
Instructions for the uploading of the documents may be found on this site.
For more information please visit the official website.