Deadline: 6 April 2018
Open to: international photographers
Award: Grand Prize Winner – 1000 USD; Three Categories winners – 100 USD; Six Honorable Mentions
Each year, InterAction’s photography contest focuses on incredible humanitarian and development work.
All you have to do is submit your most powerful photos that illustrate innovative, effective, and inspiring efforts in international relief and development. Examples of empowering women, youth potential, self-reliance, innovative technology, shared values, and partnerships are encouraged, though entries are not limited to those areas. All images should be of work done outside of the United States.
- Entry is open to all, with the exception of current InterAction staff.
- Entries are limited to three (3) photos per person.
- Entries should be 300 dpi or larger at a size no smaller than roughly 3” x 5” (file sizes less than 8MB please).
- All entrants must hold copyright to the photographs they submit and by entering are claiming such ownership. If it is determined an entrant has fraudulently claimed ownership of their submission, the entry will immediately become void and ineligible. All images should be of work done outside of the United States. Selected photos will be posted online and made available for download. Photos failing to meet the judging requirements will not be posted publicly. InterAction reserves the right to suspend or cancel the Contest or modify these rules at its discretion.
- For any persons appearing in the photograph, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, the express permission, written, verbal, or otherwise, necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the photograph. If any person appearing in any photograph is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence, the express permission, written, verbal, or otherwise, of a parent or legal guardian is required.
- By entering a submission, entrants agree to make their photo available to the public under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC) license. Copyright holders shall retain all rights to the original photo.
- One Grand Prize Winner will receive $1,000 USD and the Effective Assistance Photography Certificate. The winning photo will also be showcased at InterAction’s 2018 Forum, June 12-14 in Washington, D.C;
- Three Categories winners (best youth potential photo; best women’s empowerment photo; best photo taken with a mobile phone) will receive $100 USD and have their photographs displayed on an online gallery;
- Six Honorable Mentions will have their photographs displayed on an online gallery.
How to Apply?
In order to apply you must submit your photo online.
For more information please visit the official website.