Open to: applicants who have completed an excellent master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
Benefits: yearly salary of 21,284.48 EUR
TU Wien, TU Graz, and JKU Linz are seeking exceptionally talented and motivated students for their joint doctoral program LogiCS to work in the following fundamental fields of computer science:
- Computational Logic
proof theory, computational complexity, and automated deduction
- Databases / Artificial Intelligence
applications of logic to databases and articial intelligence
computer-aided verification, in particular, model checking
In the years 2018-2022, the doctoral college will admit 16 Ph.D. students where 30% of the positions are reserved for female candidates.
- Applicants from all countries all eligible;
- Candidates should hold an MSc or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields, and an excellent record of study;
- In exceptional cases, outstanding students with excellent marks on their Bachelor’s degree can also be admitted;
- Previous knowledge in the areas of the computational logic, databases/AI, verification is desirable but not required.
- The LogiCS program is funded by the Austrian Science Fund (Fonds zur Förderung der wissenschaftlichen Forschung, FWF);
- In accordance with FWF regulations and the collective bargaining agreement of the Austrian universities, the doctoral students will be employed as a researcher at a yearly salary of EUR 21,284.48 after taxes and social/health insurance deductions (effective January 2017; the average Austrian salary over all age groups is EUR 20,543.00);
- There are additional salary supplements and tax deductions for families with children.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, please fill the Application form.
*Important: The PDF form has to be filled out electronically and saved in PDF format. To ensure the data is saved properly, it is recommended that you use Adobe Reader. Scanned versions cannot be aceppted– the form will be processed electronically.
Please merge all these documents (except the application form) into a single PDF file named: documents.pdf. The file size should not exceed 5 MB.
- Evidence of prior achievement;
Degree certificates (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or higher) of a post-secondary education institution including course transcripts and an explanation of the grading system(s) used in these degree certificates;
- Abstract of diploma / Master’s thesis;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Motivation Letter;
- At least two letters of recommendation:
-At least one of your referees should have a scientific background.
-If your referees prefer, letters of recommendation may be sent separately to [email protected] clearly indicating the applicant’s name.
- Certificate of English language proficiency;
- A scan of the applicant’s passport:
– Only the pages containing your personal data and picture;
- Officially certified transcripts of degree certificate(s)
– Only for non-EU citizens (excl. Swiss nationals);
- Optional: a Research Proposal.
For more information please visit the official website.