Deadline: 18 March 2018
Open to: bands from EU, EU candidates, EFTA
Benefits: YO!Fest will cover the winning bands’ travels to/from Strasbourg, their local transportation in Strasbourg, accommodation, food, plus EUR 50 per band member
Calling all European emerging bands! This is your chance to perform at YO!Fest 2018 on 1-2 June in Strasbourg!
YO!Fest is the annual youth festival organized by the European Youth Forum that combines high-level political debates, thematic workshops, educational activities, live music and artistic performances creating a unique, fun and meaningful experience of participation.
Over 5000 young people from all over Europe will meet in Strasbourg to debate with peers and decision-makers as part of European Youth Event (EYE 2018).
The event is co-created with young people and local and European youth organizations.
This year’s edition will be held in Strasbourg (France) from the 1st to 2nd June 2018.
All you need to do is submit your entry by 18th March 2018 with your band’s info, music & links and convince us you’re the best band for the job!
The YO!Fest jury will pick 4 winners to perform as opening acts for YO!Fest:
- 3 Bands
- 1 DJ
Bands with maximum 8 members from:
- European Union member countries;
- EU candidate countries (Albania, FYROM, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey);
- EFTA (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland);
- The average age of the band members should not exceed 26 (no members may be over 30 years old);
- Bands should play a genre that is accessible to a wide variety of people.
- The winning bands will get the travel to/from Strasbourg;
- Each winner will have a 30 minutes performance at YO!Fest 2018;
- YO!Fest will cover the winning bands’ travels to/from Strasbourg, their local transportation in Strasbourg, accommodation, food, plus EUR50 per band member;
- The winners will be announced in April by email and/or by telephone;
- Bands are expected to arrive in Strasbourg on the 31th May, perform on the 1st or 2nd of June and depart on the 3rd of June.
How to Apply?
Please attach your songs at the bottom of the online application form.
By submitting this application you agree to the Terms and Conditions. Please note that the information you submitted in the application process will be confidential and will not be made public.
For more information please visit the official website.