Deadline: 16 March 2018
Open to: journalists who are nationals from least developed countries
Award: winners will have travel and expenses covered to report from the Sustainable Energy for All Forum in Lisbon, Portugal
UN-OHRLLS ‘Voices of A Brighter Future’ Competition is now open for journalists from least developed countries. The United Nations Office of the High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS) is looking for inspiring stories on how sustainable energy positively impacts communities and individuals in the world’s Least Developed Countries.
- Open to journalists who are nationals from Least Developed Countries. A full list of these countries is available here;
- Submissions must have been published or broadcast between 16 August 2017 and 16 March 2018;
- Only one submission per journalist is allowed. Journalists must be affiliated with a recognized media outlet and submit a Reference from said outlet;
- Stories should focus exclusively on one or more LDCs and must have been published between 16 August 2017 and 16 March 2018 and distributed by a recognized news outlet in an LDC. Submissions outside of the Competition dates will not be considered;
- Submissions can include print, radio, and video. (For print – 1,400 word maximum, radio, and video of maximum 10 minutes. 2 photos should be accompanied by captions);
- Print stories need to be accompanied by a minimum of three photographs. Please credit the photographer. A photographer other than the main entrant will not be considered as a separate entrant in the competition. Full credit must be given for accompanying photos, which are not the work of the submitting journalist;
- Stories can be submitted in any language. Stories in languages other than English and French must be accompanied by an English translation;
- Employees of the United Nations and their immediate families, as well as persons connected with the Competition and their immediate families, are not eligible to enter the Competition.
Three winners of the ‘Voices of A Brighter Future’ competition will have their work featured by the United Nations and other news outlets, with travel and expenses covered to report from the Sustainable Energy for All Forum in Lisbon, Portugal 2-3 May 2018.
Entries will be judged by a high-level panel from the United Nations, sustainable energy, and media sector.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.