Deadline: 10 April 2018
Open to: rising leaders from around the world
Scholarship: fully funded
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program will give rising young leaders around the world who are already making a difference in their communities the opportunity to take their work to the next level through a newly designed curriculum that brings together academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning. The Scholars Program empowers individuals with a proven commitment to service with the tools they need to make their efforts more effective, to identify innovative solutions to complex global problems, and promote change through values-based leadership.
The program will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders who are committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, creating a global network that reaches across issues and borders. After completing the program, Obama Foundation Scholars will return to their communities and continue the important work they started in the program by implementing their own personalized action plan. They will also have an opportunity to play a role in the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, train, and connect rising leaders from around the globe.
Rising leaders from around the world who meet the below criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Significant work experience and professional accomplishments with a clear trajectory of increasing impact;
- Demonstrated record of community service or working for the public good, either through a full-time professional role or significant engagement outside of primary employment;
- Possess a clear focus on a globally applicable challenge;
- A clear commitment to return to and reinvest your new skills in your community after the program concludes.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program offers an extraordinary scholarship that covers:
- Tuition and expenses and provides a monthly living stipend;
- Funding for books and course materials;
- Opportunities to experience unique out-of-the-classroom programming;
- Any travel costs for these experiences will also be fully covered.
How to Apply?
All applicants must complete the online application and include the following, which are required to apply for the Harris MA-IDP and participation in Obama Foundation Scholars Program:
- Test Scores;
- Work Experience;
- 3 Letters of Recommendation;
- 2 Short Essay Responses.
For more information please visit the official website.