Open to: all applicants working in the areas of human trafficking, slavery and human rights
Scholarship: up to GBP 1,000 to support travel and accommodation costs
Applications are now open for the 2018 Trust Conference Scholarship as part of the Trust Conference, hosted by the Thomson Reuters Foundation on November 14 and 15 in London, United Kingdom. The Trust Conference Scholarship Programme funds frontline activists and human rights defenders from across the world to attend the annual conference.
Trust Conference is committed to finding real solutions to fight slavery, empower women, and advance human rights worldwide. The annual event convenes global corporations, lawyers, government representatives, and pioneers at the forefront of the fight for human rights.
This year, they will award up to 60 scholarships to applicants from diverse disciplines that will bring unique perspectives and help forge tangible commitments at Trust Conference. For global leaders who want to connect and take action, the prestigious Trust Conference Scholarship Programme offers access to an influential gathering of NGOs, heads of corporations, lawyers, public servants and philanthropists from around the world.
- The Trust Conference Scholarship Programme is open to all applicants working in the areas of human trafficking, slavery and human rights;
- Priority will be given to applicants from developing countries who demonstrate their participation at Trust Conference will enhance their work in their own communities;
- All applicants must speak English, the language of the conference;
- Applicants must not have been provided a scholarship to the conference in the past.
The Thomson Reuters Foundation and the sponsors of Trust Conference will award scholarships to exceptional applicants from across the world. Scholarship selection will be based on an objective rating system developed by the scholarship review committee.
Scholarships and other benefits will include:
- Free attendance at the Trust Conference on November 14 and 15 2018 in London, United Kingdom;
- Financial bursary to support travel and accommodation costs (up to GBP 1,000);
- Name and photo in Trust Conference marketing materials;
- Opportunity to network & participate in scholar events;
- Continued engagement opportunities.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.