Deadline: 02 May 2018
Open to: young photographers under 35 years of age, of any nationality
Award: 10,000 EUR grant
The City of Levallois organizes every year the Prix Levallois to support young international photography, an opportunity to encourage and promote new talents. Created in 2008, the Prix Levallois is a springboard for young international photographic creation. For ten years, it has been rewarding photographers under 35. A freedom of tone and expression that seduces young photographers whose approaches are free from any artistic division. The Prize doesn’t require a theme nor a format, only the quality of the work counts in the process of selecting artists.
Each year there are fifteen nominees. Their projects are presented with impartiality and good will in front of a jury in order to reward a Laureate and a Special Mention. The jury is composed of five members : four people from the world of photography and a member of the City of Levallois’ town hall.
The competition is open for young photographers under 35 years of age, of any nationality.
10.000 EUR grant for the winner, a digital housing for special mention, an online vote for the public price. An exhibition at the gallery Galerie L’Escale in Levallois, in October – November 2018 for the three winning authors.
How to apply?
Submissions must include:
- A selection of 15 to 20 photographs, from one single series, to be released on the online platform: www.prix-levallois.com;
- A project note (under 2,000 characters) in French or in English, presenting the project;
- A short summary of the project (under 600 characters), in French or in English;
- The submission form, fully completed and signed;
- A CV (one page maximum) including the candidate’s background.
Read the full rules of this competition on this link.
For more information please visit the official website.