Deadline: 28 April 2018
Open to: all international participants with no age limit
Awards: 1.000 EUR
Since the 12th of March 2018, it will be possible to participate in the 5th edition of That’s a Mole!, the International Illustration Contest, designed to promote the most innovative and creative visual interpretations of the city of Turin’s symbol: the Mole Antonelliana. That’s a Mole! the contest is a creation of That’s a Mole Association and is promoted and supported by Fondazione Contrada Torino Onlus and Fondazione Casa di Carità Arti e Mestieri.
- The contest is open to everybody, with no age limit, and it is possible to participate individually or collectively;
- Participants are requested to create an illustration, a graphic interpretation or a decorative pattern inside the shape of the Mole Antonelliana monument;
- The Mole Antonelliana’s shape in the Participants’ Proposals must be clearly recognizable and identifiable.
The jury will evaluate the proposals based on criteria related to:
– ability to visual storytelling;
– adaptability of the proposal to the final exhibition realized on plastic shapes supported by iron structures.
The work can be carried out with any technique, manually or digitally, by the following terms:
a) manual proposal (e.g. on paper/cardboard, collage, photography and 3-dimensional objects)
-must be scanned or photographed and sent electronically using JPEG or PDF with 10 Mb maximum
-furthermore, the Mole Antonelliana’s shape must be clearly recognizable and identifiable and it has to fit within the dimensions 40 cm height x 17 cm width (aspect ratio 1:1);
-In case of collage techniques, all images used must be free from any kind of copyright.
b) proposal presented electronically must be in one of the indicated formats: JPEG o PDF, with 10 MB
In the case of selection by the jury, the proposals would be required in high definition (300 dpi) and with
dimensions 40×17 cm (1:1 scale).
-Submissions must not contain any identifying element of the author(s).
-The authors may not publish their proposals until the official communication regarding the winner and
- One prize of 1.000 EUR will be awarded to the winning proposal by Associazione That’s a Mole;
- A ‘Social Communication’ Special Prize of 250 EUR will be awarded by Fondazione Casa di Carità Arti e Mestieri;
- A ‘Fermi tutti’ Special Prize of 250EUR will be awarded by the National Institute for Nuclear Physics (INFN), Section of Turin.
How to Apply?
The entry fee is 10 EUR.
To participate fill the application form.
For more information please visit the official website.