Deadline: 23 April 2018
Open to: international students
Fellowship: EUR 19.800,00 per year
The Sapienza University of Rome has announced a call for 29 full-time Ph.D. Fellowships reserved for foreign nationals for the 2017-18 academic year.
The programme aims at training, preparing for scientific research and improving the methodology of research in a specific field.
Sapienza University, which was founded in 1303 by Pope Boniface VIII in Rome, is one of the oldest universities in the world and a top performer in international university rankings.
Fellowships are awarded for studying varies subjects.
List of Subjects: Archaeology, Architectural Sciences, Doctoral School “Vito Volterra” in Astronomical, Chemical, Earth, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Civil Engineering and Architecture, Economics, Experimental and Clinical Medical Sciences, Law, Mediatrends: History, Politics and Society, Molecular Biology and Medicine, Neuroscience Psychological Sciences, Science and Technology of Computing and Communication, Sciences of Interpretation and Cultural Production (Writing Orality Visuality) and Science and Technology for the Industrial Innovation Technologies and Systems for Aeronautics, Electromagnetics, Electronics, Space and Remote Sensing
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for Ph.D. fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applications are welcome from all candidates who satisfy the following requirements:
- Are not Italian citizens;
- Have not resided in Italy or have carried out their main activity in Italy for more than 6 months (also non-consecutive) during the 3 years preceding the expiration date of this Call;
- Have obtained any academic qualification by a non-Italian institution. Perspective PhD students must hold a degree equivalent to the Italian diploma di laurea/laurea specialistica/laurea magistrale, or expect to obtain it before July 31, 2018.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Each fellowship amounts to EUR 19.800,00 per year.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
You will also need to provide the following documents:
- A photocopy of their identity card or passport;
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum;
- A copy of the degree certificate and list of exams with marks;
- A report on any research carried out by the candidate;
- A list of publications;
- A brief statement explaining his/her Doctoral School choice and the candidate’s scientific interests;
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors or eminent researchers/experts of equivalent status.
- Once signed in, candidates can complete the application form in more than one step. When all the requested fields are filled and all required documents are uploaded, candidates can finally submit the form
- After submission, no further modification to the form will be possible
- All documents must be written in English and uploaded in PDF format. The maximum size for each document is 5 MB (5120 KBytes). The maximum size for each document is 5 MB (5120 KBytes). No other format will be accepted.
For more information, please visit the official web page.