Deadline: 1st application stage 02 May 2018
Open to: international students
Scholarship: fully funded
The Graduate School of the Berlin University of the Arts is a postgraduate and international programme of studies for highly qualified
graduates in all disciplines who have already developed their own artistic or design positions. Interested persons are asked to submit an
artistic or design project or research project that can be completed within two years.
Applications are accepted in both German and English.
The application process takes place in three stages.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply;
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must present the following requirements: An above-average higher education degree (equivalent to the Master Degree or German “Diplom”) or an outstanding artistic aptitude and particular specialist skills, which must be demonstrated with at least three years’ successful professional practice;
An outstanding project proposal with a focus on an exchange with other artistic and academic disciplines, which can be implemented within two years and the complexity of which corresponds to the standards of an independent development project
- English Language Requirements: The working language at the Graduate School is German. In case your German is not very good yet, the Graduate School provides the opportunity to take German lessons.
- Course Level: The Graduate School of the Berlin University of the Arts is a postgraduate and international programme of studies for highly qualified graduates in all disciplines who have already developed their own artistic or design positions.
- Study Subject: The fellowship comes with the title “Fellow of the Graduate School at the Berlin University of the Arts”. Please note that this is no PhD programme!
- Scholarship Award: Support is provided for two years. The monthly stipend is 1,365 EUR plus a grant for the cost of materials and a child allowance, when relevant.
How to Apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
After filling in the application form, please send the following documents in a PDF file (maximum 5 MB) as an email attachment:
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter (length 1 to 2 A4 pages, minimum font size 11) in which you present the following, among other things: How would your professional career benefit from a positive decision to award the fellowship? What do you expect from the artistic-intellectual exchange between the Graduate School fellows? How do you see your contribution to this forum?
- Project presentation (length 1 to 2 A4 pages, minimum font size 11)
- Short essay (length 1 to 2 A4 pages, minimum font size 11), in which you take a position on the following questions: How do you perceive your artistic work? In what contexts do you place your practice (artistically, socially, historically)? What inspires you?
- Copy of university degree certificate (equivalent to a Master’s degree or Diplom) or proof of outstanding artistic aptitude and particular disciplinary skills, as attested by at least three years of successful professional practice in the form of certificates or similar documents.
For more information please visit the official website.