Deadline: 31 May 2018
Open to: Italian and non-Italian students
Costs: the program admits a maximum of nine students with financial support
LIUC – Università Cattaneo is an independent, state-recognised institution situated in the Greater Milan area (Castellanza).
The aim of the scholarship is to prepare students primarily research-oriented careers in academia, but also for multinational companies, public and private organizations, financial institutions so that they can interpret business phenomena in an integrated way.
The receiving of the title “Doctor of Research in Management, Finance and Accounting” certifies the clearly established ability to:
- a) study business phenomena and market dynamics with cutting-edge and versatile methodological tools in order to better understand their complexity;
- b) make use of robust analytical tools, either alternatively or jointly with the economic-financial, managerial, and engineering management areas in order to obtain research results that are academically rigorous and professionally relevant;
- c) identify innovative research topics and develop original results that are of interest to the scientific and professional communities.
Applications are received from candidates who hold a Laurea Magistrale or equivalent foreign academic degree (Master of Arts, Master of Sciences), or who expects to achieve such a qualification by 31 October 2018 in the following areas: Economics, Management, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Public Administrations, Public Communication, Economics for the Environment and Culture. Applications from candidates holding degrees in areas other than those listed above, but whose education and experience demonstrate knowledge of the subjects of the Program will be considered and assessed by the Admission Panel.
Applicants in possession of foreign titles which have not yet been declared equivalent to the corresponding Italian degree should submit, as part of their applications, a written request for a declaration of this equivalence solely for the purpose of admission to the PhD Program and should accompany the application with all the documents necessary for the Commission to evaluate the eligibility.
The Program admits a maximum of nine students with financial support as defined below:
- 6 places with exemption from tuition for access and attendance and the provision of scholarships;
- 1 place with exemption from tuition for access and attendance and the benefit of scholarships funded by “CFMT – Centro di Formazione Management del Terziario” for a research project on “The Italian Competitiveness Monitor on the Service Industry”;
- 2 places with an exemption only from tuition for access and attendance.
The current amount of the scholarship is EUR 15,343.28 yearly, before social security and health insurance contributions, to be paid by the recipient. Extra financial assistance will be provided for the research activities abroad.
How to apply?
To apply for admission, the student should:
– connect to the site https://sol.liuc.it;
– register by entering the required general, personal information and contact details, pledging to communicate any change;
– complete the application form by entering the required information;
– attach by uploading onto the site documents required.
In addition applicants in possession of an academic qualification obtained at a foreign university should also attach documentation useful to enable the Faculty Board to declare the equivalence, that is to say:
- Declaration of Value issued by the Italian Embassy or Consulate or Italian Cultural Institute responsible for the geographical area of the city where you have obtained your university;
- Diploma Supplement in English;
- Declaration of Equivalence issued by an Italian University
If Declaration of Value or Declaration of Equivalence has already been requested but not yet obtained, attach a copy of such a request.
Declaration of Value is not needed for titles obtained in EU.
All documents may be presented in Italian or English.
For more information, please visit the official web page.