Deadline: 6 May 2018
Open to: junior journalists and recent graduates, who are interested in international journalism
Benefits: flight tickets and accommodation will be provided
TRT World Fellowship is an exciting initiative in Istanbul for young talent from around the world to get a unique hands-on experience in the field of change-inspiring journalism.
- Invaluable hands-on experience in News, Programmes, Digital and Vision departments;
- Work with experienced traditional broadcast and digital journalists;
- Get Digital know how and take part in debate forums and roundtable discussion groups;
- Learn how it all works from the field to the newsroom;
- Targeting Proficient English speakers (Level C1 & C2) who are recent graduates and those in their third or fourth year of tertiary studies;
- Journalism Training
During the fellowship programme, you will work full time in TRT World while taking your experience to the next level through a demanding schedule of training which provides a 360-degree view of the modern media industry with professionals from a variety of backgrounds including journalists, editors, PR professionals, producers, reporters and videographers.
- Master Classes
You will be engaged in weekly seminars, workshops and master classes emphasizing on journalism skills, cinematography, editing skills, documentary making, humanitarian programmes, Turkish culture, and politics.
- Site Visits
The participants of the fellowship programme will also be provided site visits of institutions and news agencies. By joining trips to key Turkish cultural, political, media organizations and think-tanks, you’ll be able to understand the cultural and historical background of Turkey.
- Interested in international journalism;
- Proficient English language speaker (Level C1 & C2);
- A recent graduate from university;
Selection Criteria Includes:
- Commitment to engagement in the related fields;
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking;
- Submission of an essay based on a topic provided from the Fellowship Program;
- Fellows show interest in the Turkish culture and history;
Round air flight tickets and accommodation will be provided.
How to Apply?
In order to apply fill the application form.
Please send your CV and answer the questions below in one PDF Document:
- Do you have any experience in the media sector (Internship, work Experience etc.)?;
- Name fellowship or internship programs you have been involved with so far (if any);
- Write a cover letter (min. 300 Words) about your motivation to join the TRT World Fellowship Program;
For further information email at [email protected].
For more information please visit the official website.