Deadline: 1 June 2018
Open to: international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
Award: provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA), you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
A joint collaboration between A*STAR, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore (NUS) and Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students.
Under SINGA, you’ll receive PhD training at an A*STAR Research Institute or one of the three top universities in Asia – NUS, NTU or SUTD. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results;
- Good skills in written and spoken English;
- Good reports from academic referees.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees;
- Monthly stipend of USD 2,000, which will be increased to USD 2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination;
- One-time airfare grant of up to USD 1,500;
- One-time settling-in allowance of USD 1,000.
How to Apply?
In order to apply follow the application procedure.