Deadline: 20 May 2018
Open to: young people interested in Fair Trade
Venue: mid-August 2018 to mid-February 2019, Belgium, Brussels
Are you interested in Fair Trade and want a fruitful professional experience? Join as a trainee or a volunteer! WFTO-Europe will help you improve your knowledge making sure you get the most out of it.
WFTO-Europe is one of the regional branches of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO) which is a worldwide network of Fair Trade organizations present in more than 70 countries. Its goal is to enable producers, especially in the global South, to improve their livelihoods and develop their communities through Fair Trade. WFTO-Europe will help you improve your knowledge and skills, making sure you get the most out of this exciting internship. You will get hands-on experience with member communication and screening; external communication and promotion; budget drafting and application writing for EU grants; managing preparations, implementation and execution of the office’s projects; and get the opportunity to participate in tons of interesting conferences, debates, and meetings taking place in the ‘capital of Europe.
WFTO-Europe is offering 2 positions for 6- month internship from mid-August 2018 to mid-February 2019.
1. Project Management and Fundraising;
2. Communication and Membership & Monitoring.
- Fluency in English;
- Good communication skills (written and oral);
- Eagerness to learn;
- Motivation for the Fair Trade movement;
- Proficiency in other languages (French, Spanish and Portuguese) is highly valued;
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Students with scholarships such as Erasmus Student Mobility for Work Placement, Leonardo da Vinci, PLOTEUS, are prefered;
- Local public transport within Brussels (50EUR/month).
How to apply?
If you are interested, please send your CV and a 1-page Cover Letter in English explaining why you would like to work with us and what your contribution could be to [email protected] by the 20th of May 2018, 12pm (CEST).
Please indicate your availability and preferences regarding start/ending dates and length of stay.
For more information, please visit the official web page.