Deadline: 04 June 2018
Open to: active young people (18-30 years old) interested in journalism, sports, video making/editing, photography, writing articles, etc.
Venue: 4 July 2018 – 1 August 2018, Slovakia
EVS hosting organization Mladiinfo Slovensko is looking for the volunteers to join the short EVS project Sign for Media: journalism volunteering program for European Deaf Badminton Championships that trough sport journalism volunteering promotes the inclusion of young deaf sportsmen and sportswomen.
4 July – 20 July 2018 (Bratislava)
- Orientation meetings, ice-breakers, team building games;
- Division into the teams: radio newsroom, video newsroom and online newsroom;
- Sports journalism, photography and video workshops;
- Training of the Sign Language;
- Web content workshops.
July 21 – July 29 (Trenčín)
Badminton Championship coverage (articles, interviews, videos, photography, webpage updates, live broadcastings, etc.)
- Young people aged (18-30 years) from UK, France, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Turkey, Macedonia; 4 volunteers from each country;
- Having confidence/experience to conduct interviews, write articles, edit them and produce a valuable content;
- Photography, video recording and video editing skills;
- Able to face challenges;
- Open-minded and flexible;
- Motivated to learn new things;
- Willing to learn the sign language;
- Active, responsible and reliable.
- Professional training and workshops supported by the Deaflympic Committee and professional journalists,
- Accommodation and logistic support,
- The opportunity to get new knowledge, experience and skills,
- Free passes for all volunteers and support staff for all matches as part of the championship,
- Improve their journalistic and communication skills.
How to apply?
If you want to be part of this amazing one-month EVS experience apply until latest 04 June 2018 by filling out the application form.
If you have, any further questions please contact:
Ivana Petrisková (Project Coordinator) email@example.com
Petra Papierniková (Project Assistant & Mentoring Support) firstname.lastname@example.org