Deadline: 13 May 2018
Open to: candidates who currently enrolled in or having completed a higher degree
Benefits: monthly amount of the stipend of 450 EUR
The United Nations System Staff College (UNSSC) with its headquarters in Turin, Italy, is the United Nations institution for system-wide knowledge management, learning, and training for the staff of the United Nations system. The College is expected to play a pivotal role in contributing to UN reform, the development of a common culture based on effectiveness, expertise and continuous learning through the development, coordination and provision of cross-cutting learning programmes which impact on all agencies and staff.
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Manager, Peace, and Security and the direct supervision of the Course Coordinator, the Intern will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Maintain the “Safe and Secure Approaches in Field Environments” (SSAFE) programme database through tasks such as:o Inserting lists of participants received from the field into the database;
o Following-up with SSAFE focal points in the field to obtain missing data;
o Maintaining lists of SSAFE courses planned in 2018 and 2019 worldwide.
- Contribute to marketing and communications efforts, through the drafting of information pieces and correspondence;
- Contribute to administrative tasks as required, internal discussions and meetings, note taking and report writing, and support Course Coordinator(s) in coordinating and following up with Finance and Administration on e-learning related issues;
- Provide support to e-learning course design, development, and delivery;
- Support facilitation of online courses on UNSSC UNKampus and webex, in collaboration with Subject Matter Expert(s) and development vendor(s); Update online courses as per instruction;
- Contribute to record keeping and provide coordination for online learning participants during the delivery of online courses;
- Provide technical support to e-learning development process as required, through tasks such as:o Conducting benchmarking and research as required to inform development;
o Editing digital learning assets and resources (i.e. PowerPoints);
o Contributing to quality control of infographics, multimedia and other e-learning assets and resources.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Candidates currently enrolled in or have completed a higher degree University programme (Masters or other) in learning/instructional design, organization development with specialized knowledge in learning and training/human resources development, or an area related to UNSSC programmatic priorities;
- Previous work experience is not required. Practical experience in the design, development, and delivery of a range of learning products, including e-learning is highly desirable;
- Fluency (written and oral) in English;
- Knowledge of online learning and social media tools; proven ability to use Microsoft Office, internet browsers and online platforms;
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- High motivation, with a desire to learn and grow professionally;
- Familiarity with online learning and social media tools.
Interns who are not financially supported by other institutions shall receive a stipend from UNSSC intended to assist in covering basic subsistence costs. The monthly amount of the stipend is fixed at EUR 450. No other payment of any kind shall be made to an intern by UNSSC in connection with an internship agreement.
Interns are responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements and for obtaining the necessary visa for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned. UNSSC will facilitate the process of obtaining entry visas for countries of assignment.
The intern is responsible for ensuring that he/she has all the prescribed vaccinations for travel to the assigned duty station. Interns are also responsible to obtain medical insurance coverage in accordance with the requirements for entering Italy or the country of any other duty station to which they have been assigned. The cost of travel, visa, accommodation, vaccines, health insurance and living expenses are the responsibility of interns. Before the beginning of the assignment, the selected intern shall also provide UNSSC with a self-certification of good health.
How to Apply?
Eligible candidates interested in doing an internship at the United Nations System Staff College must submit in English:
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae (resume);
- A motivation letter;
- For applicants who are currently enrolled in a degree programme, an endorsement from their University or Sponsoring Institution is required;
- Applications should be submitted by e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax: (0039) 011 65359 02;
- Please indicate in the subject “Application for Internship Vacancy Announcement 001”.
For more information please visit the official call.