Deadline: 29 June 2018
Open to: founders or co-founders age 18 – 35 years
Awards: covered cost of travel to the UK and accommodation
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards can help you take your sustainability initiative, product or service to the next level.
Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards is recognizing and supporting brilliant young innovators tackling the planet’s biggest environmental and social challenges, and helps them achieve scale for impact.
Since the launch of the Awards in 2013, they’ve reached over 3,500 inspiring young sustainability entrepreneurs and their organisations, and provided tailored support and funding to 29 winners. From simple solutions with far reaching impacts for child nutrition, to ground breaking technologies to cut greenhouse emissions, these change makers are challenging business as usual and leading the way to a more sustainable future.
They know that the world’s problems will only be solved with the ideas and talents of a new generation of leaders and changemakers who are challenging business as usual, and who are the future of sustainability. They want to see a big opportunity to support, inspire, reward and collaborate with them, to help them scale and grow – both as individuals and as enterprises.
If you are working on an innovative and scalable technology or initiative – or know someone who is – which is contributing to one or more of these eight categories, then they want to hear from you:
- Zero hunger;
- Quality education;
- Clean water and sanitation;
- Responsible consumption and production;
- Good health and well-being;
- Gender equality;
- Decent work and economic growth;
- Climate Action.
- The competition is open to founders or co-founders age 18 – 35 years;
- Entries can be submitted on behalf of the founders or co-founders who are aged 18 – 35 years;
- The competition is open to individuals from any part of the world, excluding Russia. Unfortunately, cannot process personal data of Russian citizens and do not collect personal data in the territory of Russia. If data regarding Russian citizens is entered into this website, it will be removed;
- Unilever reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate all or any part of the Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards programme, without notice. Entrants shall not be entitled to remuneration, of any kind, should Unilever exercise this right.
The Unilever Young Entrepreneurs Awards will recognise up to eight winners, including the HRH Prize Winner, in 2018. The eight winners will be selected from a rigorous assessment process led by The University of Cambridge Institute for Sustainability Leadership, culminating in video interviews with their finalist selection panels. All eight winners will be invited to an Accelerator Programme in Cambridge, before making their final pitches in person to a guest judging panel who will decide on the HRH Prize Winner of the 2018 competition.
Winners will have a chance to practice their pitches during the Accelerator in Cambridge where they will work with experts from the University of Cambridge, Unilever and other inspirational speakers and guests.
The overall winner will receive the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize.’
All winners will attend a special prize event hosted in London.
- The winner of the ‘HRH The Prince of Wales Young Sustainability Entrepreneur Prize’ will receive a EUR 50,000 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months;
- The remaining winners will each receive a EUR 8,500 cash award and one-to-one mentoring support tailored to their specific needs for a duration of 12 months.
How to Apply?
Before applying please read the Term & Conditions.
To submit your entry, you’ll need to create a profile and complete the application form. You’ll need to tell them all about your initiative’s story so far, and your vision for its future. The more you can share, the better.
For more information please visit the official website.