Deadline: June 2018
Open to: participants based in the 35+ countries listed on this page
Award: the overall winner of the Grand Final receives EUR 10,000, the runner up gets EUR 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins EUR 2,500
Entries are open for the ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition. The competition is your ticket to global success. Provided you have a green business idea and have what it takes to become an entrepreneur. Your idea can be an innovation in renewable energy, a sustainable transition in the food chain, a mind shift in urban mobility or any other way to tackle climate change.
ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why they create a stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making a global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC. Fixing climate change, one start-up at a time.
Battle for your idea during the National- and Grand Final. Winners of the Grand Final get accepted into the Climate-KIC business Accelerator: a huge step in making your dream come true.
In 2018 the competition is open to participants based in the 35+ countries listed on this page.
You can only enter if:
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- Your new venture has attracted less than EUR 200.000 in total funding (this includes all funding, like grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, et cetera);
- You have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
You cannot enter ClimateLaunchpad if you have:
- Already been accepted into Climate-KIC Accelerator with this idea;
- Already been accepted into ClimateLaunchpad (or the former CleanLaunchpad) in a previous year.
The overall winner of the Grand Final receives EUR 10,000, the runner-up gets EUR 5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins EUR 2,500.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application.
For more information, please visit the official web page.