Deadline: 24 June 2018
Open to: freelance and full-time journalists or bloggers
Fellowship: fully funded
The Falling Walls Conference is an annual global gathering of forward-thinking individuals from 80 countries organized by the Falling Walls Foundation.
Each year on 9 November – the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall – 20 of the world’s leading scientists are invited to Berlin to present their current breakthrough research. The aim of the Conference is to:
- identify trends, opportunities, and solutions for global challenges and discover international breakthrough research;
- connect outstanding researchers from different disciplines and support the interdisciplinary exchange of ideas internationally;
- build bridges between business, politics, academia and the arts;
- promote the latest scientific findings among a broader audience;
- inspire people to break down walls in science and society.
In 15-minute-talks, researchers from all disciplines present their work in front of 700 international guests. During the breaks, the Falling Walls Forum becomes the place for high-level Q&A where the audience can ask questions and engage in discussions.
A new peer-learning platform, Falling Walls Connect, gives the audience the opportunity to contribute their knowledge and expertise to fellow participants.
- Freelance and full-time journalists or bloggers can apply;
- Professionals in fields such as research, teaching, public relations and advertising are not eligible.
- The applicants must have a minimum of three years professional journalism/blogging experience in which they have written about the subject of sciences.
The fellowship includes travel expenses (economy class), accommodation for 3 nights (organized by Falling Walls Foundation), conference fees and meals (breakfast at the hotel, catering during the Falling Walls events).
How to apply?
In order to apply, please fill the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.