Deadline: 15 July 2018
Open to: all individuals
Award: trip to Paris and 1000 EUR
Megacities of the world present lots of opportunities but are also full of challenges.
So they need your help to bring to light, through the lense of your documentary, local inspiring solutions that have been implemented by a person or a community, near your home that have met those challenges head on. Through your story you could potentially change the lives of a friend, a neighbor, a family in another Megacity.
Your short documentary will change the world.
A festival of short documentary-films that highlights initiatives seeking to bring effective solutions to MegaCities’ challenges in order to inspire people to take actions to improve the life of MegaCitizens in their MegaCity.
The Two Categories of ShortDoc
- Best Documentary of 4mn or less (including the closing credits) presented with an artistic, film-style approach;
- Best Reporting of 4mn or less (including the closing credits) presented with a journalistic approach.
- Power of the solution in terms of inhabitants’ benefits and the challenges associated with it, it could help to mitigate;
- Description of the Start Up that proposed the solution and perspective of development (internationally if relevant);
- Clarity of the messages, relative brevity and capacity for synthesis will be appreciated. And the short video pitch should not be perceived as a pure advertising video.
- Applications are open to all individuals;
- A special prize will be awarded to students, therefore, they require to submit the student card when applicable;
- Filming must take place inside the urban area of one of these existing 30 megacities (metropolitan areas of more than 10 M. inhabitants);
- The 38 megacities: Tokyo, Jakarta, Delhi, Seoul-Incheon, Manila, Mumbai, Karachi, Shanghai, New York, Sao Paulo, Beijing, Mexico City, Guangzhou-Foshan, Osaka-Kobe-Kyoto, Moscow, Dhaka, Cairo, Bangkok, Los Angeles, Kolkata, Buenos Aires, Tehran, Istanbul, Lagos, Shenzhen, Rio de Janeiro, Kinshasa, Tiajin, Lima, Paris, Chengdu, Lahore, London, Bangalore, HoChih Minh City, Nagoya, Chennai, Rhine-Ruhr.
Your short documentary film MUST:
- show a challenge in your MegaCity (such as transportation, education, refugees, health, climate change, …) and solutions or ideas of new iniatives that could tackle such issues and, is potentially, in a theme covered by one of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals from the United Nations;
- take place inside the urban area of one existing megacities (1 of the 38 metropolitan areas of more than 10 M. inhabitants);
- integrate subtitles in English.
The DocMaker should include in his/her short documentary film at least one of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)categorized in one of the three sustainable development pillars to be chosen when filling the registration form. Be aware that the three pillars are interdependent and should be driven for the sake of sustainable development.
- 1000 EUR per award: (1)Best Documentary, (2)Best Reporting, (3)Best Student, (4)Public Choice, all “4 minutes” max). 1 trip to Paris for the 4 awards to assist the Paris Citizen Film Festival (a trip to the New York screening if you are Parisian).
- 1000 EUR for the two best initiatives (5,6).
- 1000 EUR for the best environmental and/or social Start Up: (7) “Start Up Tech For Good”. Also 1 trip to Paris.
How to Apply?
In order to apply register here.
For more information please visit the official website.