Deadline: 31 August 2018
Open to: applicants from low and middle income countries
Fellowship: GBP 120,000 including salary, studentship stipend, fees and research expenses
An International Master’s Fellowship will last 30 months unless you want to hold it on a part-time basis.
The first 12 months should be dedicated to doing a taught Master of Science (MSc) course at a recognized center of excellence anywhere in the world.
The following 18 months is for your research project at an eligible organization in a low- or middle-income country.
You can apply for an International Master’s Fellowship if:
- you’re a national of a low-or middle-income country;
- your proposed research focuses on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country;
- you have sponsorship from an eligible host organization in a low- or middle-income country.
- hold a clinical or non-clinical undergraduate degree in a relevant subject;
- be at an early stage in your career with limited research experience (but you must have demonstrated interest in, or aptitude for, research).
Your research proposal
Your research proposal should be within science remit and focus on a health priority in a low- or middle-income country.
Your application will be considered on the basis of:
- quality and importance of your research question(s);
- feasibility of your approach to solving these problems;
- suitability of your choice of research environments;
- suitability of the taught Master of Science (MSc) course you select – it should take place at a recognized center of excellence and provide you with training that will complement your research project.
An award of GBP 120,000 provides support for:
If your taught course or training is in the UK, you can use GBP 15,000 a year (outside London) or GBP 17,000 a year (Greater London) to cover the cost of your stipend.
- travel costs (eg outward and return airfares);
- approved tuition fees, according to the rate charged by the training organization.
How to Apply?
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker .
For more information please visit the official website.