Deadline: 17 July 2018
Open to: individuals and duos from all nationalities
Benefits: covered accommodation, fly trip, visa, travel health insurance, and 1,071 USD stipend
The fifth edition of the Crystal Ruth Bell Residency, is inviting people to apply for a fully-funded residency at Red Gate in Beijing for the months of November and December 2018. The program is calling for people of all types of creative practices, of all passports, ages, gender-identities, abilities, and interests to send the proposals for projects to pursue in Beijing this winter around the verb “nourish” – in any way the word makes sense to you.
Whether you are a farmer, a cook, an artist, a food scientist, a culinary critic or historian, a guerrilla gardener, ethnographer, nomadic food truck entrepreneur, a writer, a poet, dancer, filmmaker, photographer, journalist, urban planner, nutritionist, or any other kind of creative person whose work involves food in some way, they welcome your proposals for a fully-funded two month residency at Red Gate Residency this winter.
- Individuals and duos from all nationalities are encouraged to apply, including China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao;
- This is a wide open call, with no restrictions based on age, medium, educational background, or any other criteria.
The Crystal Ruth Bell Residency covers:
- Housing in either a downtown apartment or loft studio, both equipped with home kitchens;
- Round trip flight;
- USD 1,071 stipend (as of 2018, stipend is pegged to inflation);
- USD 500 for materials & ingredients;
- Visa & travel health insurance;
- Airport pickup, welcome dinner;
- Optional artist talk or workshop & open studio;
- Use of Crystal’s sanlunche;
- Project support from the Red Gate and China Residencies teams.
How to Apply?
Apply online before July 17th 2018.
Finalists will be notified by August 8th and the selected resident will be announced on September 1st.
For more information please visit the official website.