Deadline: 31 October 2018
Open to: international students
Scholarship: fully funded
Applications are invited for National Scholarship Programme for foreign applicants. The scholarship supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers, and artists at higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia.
The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) supports also mobility of students and Ph.D. students studying at Slovak higher education institutions.
In 2005, the National Scholarship Programme for the Support of Mobility of University Students, Ph.D. Students, University Teachers, Researchers, and Artists was established by the approval of the Government of the Slovak Republic.
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a scholarship stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
- Are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- Are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study programme;
- Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligible applicants for a scholarship in the framework of the NSP:A) Students who:
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (Ph.D.) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
Ph.D. students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (Ph.D. students): 1 – 10 months.
International university teachers, researchers and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The scholarship is intended to cover international scholarship holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related to staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations in Slovakia. The scholarship holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please read more about the additional documents and the application form.
For more information, please visit the official web page.