Deadline: 5 October 2018
Open to: everyone
Awards: cash prizes, certificate and trophy
The Japan Media Arts Festival is a comprehensive festival of Media Arts that honors outstanding works from a diverse range of media – from animation and comics to media art and games. The festival gives awards in each of its four divisions: Art, Entertainment, Animation, and Manga. It also provides a platform for appreciation of the award-winning and other notable works. Since its inception in 1997, the festival has recognized significant works of high artistry and creativity, and in addition to a yearly Exhibition of Award-Winning Works, has held other events, such as symposiums, screenings, and showcases.
Works must be completed or released between Friday, October 6, 2017 and Friday, October 5, 2018.
- Works completed, changed, renewed, presented or released during the above period are eligible for entry;
- While an unlimited number of entries may be made, the same work may not be entered in multiple divisions;
- The entrant must hold the copyright of the submitted work. If the work is submitted by a representative, permission from the copyright holder must be obtained.
For each division, a Grand Prize, Excellence Awards, and New Face Awards will be awarded on the basis of artistic quality and creativity. In addition, Special Achievement Awards will be awarded on the recommendation of the Jury to individuals or groups who have made a special contribution to Media Arts in any of the four divisions.
- Grand Prize: Certificate, trophy, EUR 77800;
- Excellence Award: Certificate, trophy, EUR 38900;
- New Face Award: Certificate, trophy, EUR 23340;
- Special Achievement Award: Certificate, trophy.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please register here.
For more information about the application process and the festival, please visit the official website.