Deadline: 14 September 2018
Open to: academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists
Benefits: accommodation, daily breakfast and lunch, access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg, monthly stipend
The Johannesburg Institute for Advanced Study (JIAS) invites applications for its Fourth Writing Semester, which will run from 4 February to 31 May 2019.
JIAS Writing Fellows enjoy a quiet space for work, reflection and academic community-building amidst the Melville Koppies of Johannesburg.
- Fellowships are open to any field of expertise;
- Previous Writing Fellows have included academics, novelists, scientists, poets, playwrights, independent researchers and journalists.
Each Writing Fellow will receive:
- Accommodation in the private residential suites at JIAS;
- Daily breakfast and lunch;
- Access to the facilities of the nearby University of Johannesburg;
- Monthly stipend.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please submit:
- a two-page proposal;
- a comprehensive CV;
- and the names and contact details of three referees to: [email protected]
For more information, please visit the official web page.