Deadline: 02 September 2018
Open to: applicants should have relevant function in national or local parliaments for EPP sister parties
Benefits: covered full-board and accommodation and and contribution to international travel expenses
The Robert Schuman Institute (RSI) carries out a series of seminars in collaboration with the Robert Schuman Foundation Luxemburg and the kind support of the EPP Group in the European Parliament under the title “Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of law” as follows:
Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of law 1.0
28 – 30 September (Friday – Sunday) in Belgrade, Serbia
- arrival: 27 September, departure 30 September after 13:00h afternoon
Fundament for prosperity and European development: The rule of law 2.0
30 November – 02 December (Friday-Sunday) in Tirana, Albania
- arrival: 29 November, departure 02 December after 13:00h afternoon
Full attendance is necessary on both seminars!
The event will be provided for 25 politicians who are working in national or local parliaments in EPP sister parties and their parliamentary groups in the following Western Balkan countries: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.
Aims of the project:
- To provide a regional awareness raising and experience exchange for politicians with a demonstrated record in engaging rule of law and anti-corruption oriented activities;
- To engage national and local parliaments in strengthening institutions with the aim of rule of law;
- Stimulate cooperation among parliamentary groups of the region;
- Facilitate judicial reforms in the region;
- To reflect shared problems and roadmaps to their possible solutions;
- To support the EU-oriented work of EPP sister parties in the Western Balkan countries by capacity building;
- To establish a cross-border professional network of pro-European young politicians from the WB countries;
- To provide concrete examples and tools for relevant and effective parliamentary work;
- Contact building between Western Balkan politicians and MEPs / staff of the EPP Group.
- Relevant function in national or local parliaments for EPP sister parties;
- High level written and oral proficiency in English;
- Applicants born between 1982-1996;
- Completed application form including official reference letter from a party presidency member.
The costs of seminars – including lectures as well as costs of full-board and accommodation during the program – will be covered by the organizers.
The organizers will contribute to the international travels of participants to Belgrade and Tirana. Participants (or delegating parties) are expected to cover insurance, local travel (including to/from any airport) and any additional personal expenses.
How to apply?
In order to apply please fill in the application form.
For more information please check the official call for applications.