Deadline: 26 November 2018
Open to: applicants that have obtained a PhD certificate before incorporation at the research center, who have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain and have at least one publication as main author
Benefits: an annual gross salary of EUR 36.000 plus a single payment of EUR 1.500 relocation support
PROBIST is a post-doctoral fellowship Programme led by the Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology. Altogether, 61 fellowships will be awarded and implemented in top research in the Barcelona and Tarragona area (Spain).
PROBIST applicants will have complete research freedom. Applicants may subscribe to one or several generic research topics published with the calls. Once pre-selected they may design their research project proposal with a research group of their choice in the participating BIST centres. Successful candidates will be hosted by the selected research group. They will have full access to facilities, seminars and training programmes of the BIST centres. Networking activities shall facilitate inter-centre and inter-disciplinary exchange and collaborations. PROBIST will offer fellows the opportunity to opt for secondments from a pool of international institutions with which BIST centres have institutional agreements or collaborations.
To be admitted to the review process, candidates must comply with the following eligibility criteria:
• Mobility: To have not spent more than 12 months of the prior 36 months in Spain, at the time of the call deadline (November 26th, 2018);
• PhD date certificate: PhD certificate should be obtained before your incorporation at the research centre, at maximum May 1st 2019. If you have not obtained your PhD at the time to submit your application, please indicate the likely date and provide documental evidence that you will obtain it;
• Publication as first author: To have at least one publication as main author (either accepted or published) in an international reputed journal at the time of the deadline;
• Letters of reference: To have submitted two reference letters at the time of the deadline.
The fellowships are granted for 3 years including:
• An annual gross salary of EUR 36.000 plus a single payment of EUR 1.500 relocation support (Spanish tax and social security deductions apply);
• Close mentoring and supervision through prestigious senior researchers;
• A personalized career development plan;
• A training programme for scientific and transferable skills.
How to apply?
In order to apply, please sign up here.
For more information please visit the official website.